Troop 1537 uses the following eight methods to accomplish the aims of Scouting:
1. Ideals. The ideals of scouting are spelled out in the scout oath, law, motto, and slogan.
2. Patrol Method. The patrol method gives scouts an experience in group living and participating citizenship.
3. Outdoors. Scouting is designed to take place outdoors.
4. Advancement. Scouting provides a series of skills to learn and goals to reach through the advancement method.
5. Adult Association. Boys learn from the examples set by their adult