Leadership Position Description
Type: Appointed by the Senior Patrol Leader
Term: 6 months
Reports to: Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Description: The Troop Librarian takes care of troop literature.
Comments: The library contains books of historical value as well as current materials. All together, the library is a troop resource worth hundreds of dollars. The Librarian manages this resource for the troop.
Attendance: 50% over the previous 6 months
Training: You must attend the troop Junior Leader Training even if you have attended in the past.
Attendance: You are expected to attend 60% of all troop meetings, Patrol Leaders’ Council meetings, outings, and service projects. If your attendance is low, or if you have three (3) unexcused absences in a row, you can be removed from office.
Effort: You are expected to given this job your best effort.
GENERAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
Uniform: Set the example by wearing your uniform correctly. This means that you will wear all of the parts of the troop uniform, shirttail tucked in, with all required badges in their correct locations.
Behavior: Set the example by living the Scout Oath and Law in your everyday life. Show Scout Spirit in everything you say and do.
Attendance: Set the example by being an active Scout. Be on-time for meetings and activities. You must call the Senior Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster if you are not going to be at a meeting or if you suddenly have to miss an outing. You also need to make sure that someone will assume your responsibilities.
- Sets up and takes care of a troop library
- Keeps records of books and pamphlets owned by the troop
- Adds new or replacement items as needed
- Keeps books and pamphlets available for borrowing
- Keeps a system for checking books and pamphlets in and out
- Follows up on late returns
- Issues vouchers for purchase of used merit badge books
SPECIFIC LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENTS/DUTIES:
- Send requests for updating of Merit Badge Pamphlet materials
- Accounts for all library materials
- Maintain a list of current Merit Badge publications
- Troop Librarian to meet with Equipment Coordinator on a monthly basis to answer questions and make sure Scout is able to complete their elected position responsibilities. Troop Librarian can also setup a meeting with Scoutmaster for help and support.
- Troop Librarian to complete Troop 1537 Scout Leadership Position Summary.