BSA Defined Responsibilities
- Handle all troop funds. Pay bills on recommendation of the Scoutmaster and with authorization of the troop committee.
- Maintain the troop’s checking and savings accounts.
- Train and supervise the troop scribe in record keeping.
- Keep adequate records in the Troop/Team Record Book.
- Supervise money-earning projects, including obtaining proper authorizations.
- Supervise the camp savings plan.
- Lead in the preparation of the annual troop budget.
- Lead in the Friends of Scouting campaign.
- Report to the troop committee at each meeting.
Troop 1537 Defined Responsibilities
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis