New Member Coordinator
BSA Defined Responsibilities
- Be a FUN and engaging position.
- Form relationships with new members and their families.
- Fit every type of unit, every age level and every program.
- Be recruited and supported by key unit leadership.
- Be provided with training both online and face to face.
- Be mentored by the District Membership Chair and become part of the District Membership team.
- Use a team approach by encouraging more than one NMC in a unit, allowing them to tailor their work to individual interests/expertise, as well as to recognize the particular needs of the unit.
- Be visible and easily identifiable at unit gatherings by their Welcomingsmiles and their BSA “Welcome” logo that they display and wear on an activity shirt, on a hat or vest or in some cases, a pin on a field uniform.
Troop 1537 Defined Responsibilities