NEW BOY SCOUT RANK REQUIREMENTS
BOY SCOUT RANK REQUIREMENTS
Boy Scouts of America has updated the rank requirements as of January 1st. 2016.
The rank requirements are official as of Jan. 1, 2016. Scouts who joined the Boy Scouts of America on or after Jan. 1, 2016, MUST follow the rank requirements as printed in the new Boy Scout Handbook (13th Edition) or in the current year’s Boy Scout Requirements book. Scouts who joined the BSA prior to Jan. 1, 2016:
• Who are working on the Tenderfoot through First Class ranks MAY continue to follow the old requirements, but MUST convert to the current requirements upon attaining First Class.
• Who have completed the First Class rank MAY complete the rank they are currently working on in the old requirements, but MUST convert to the current requirements for subsequent ranks.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2017, all Scouts MUST use the current requirements regardless of rank.
Here’s a summary of the changes:
* Number of required camping nights has increased
* Number of required service hours has increased
* Emphasis on physical fitness has increased
* Scout is now its own rank
* Boy Scouts are required to tell about their duty to God at each rank