Eagle Palm Requirements
Eagle Palm Requirements* (2016 Version)
Note that Eagle Palms are NOT considered “Ranks” by BSA.
After becoming an Eagle Scout, you may earn Palms by completing the following requirements:
- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 3 months after becoming an Eagle Scout or after the award of last Palm.**
- Since earning the Eagle Scout rank or your last Eagle Palm, demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Make a satisfactory effort to develop and demonstrate leadership ability.
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last Palm.***.
- While an Eagle Scout participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Successfully complete your board of review for the Eagle Palm.
*For Varsity Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “team” and “Scoutmaster” with “Varsity Scout Coach.”
For Venturers working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “crew” and “Scoutmaster” with “Crew Advisor.”
For Sea Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “ship” and “Scoutmaster” with “Skipper.”
** Eagle Palms must be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be observed for each Palm.
***Merit Badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used to meet this requirement.
You may wear only the proper combination of Palms for the number of merit badges you earned beyond the rank of Eagle. The Bronze Palm represents 5 merit badges, the Gold Palm 10, and the Silver Palm 15.