BSA Defined Responsibilities
- Provide a spiritual tone for the troop meetings and activities.
- Give guidance to the chaplain aide.
- Promote regular participation of each member in the activities of the religious organization of his choice.
- Visit homes of Scouts in time of sickness or need.
- Give spiritual counseling service when needed or requested.
- Encourage Boy Scouts to earn their appropriate religious emblems.
- Report to the troop committee at each meeting.
Troop 1537 Defined Responsibilities
- Chaplain to meet with Chaplain Aide on a monthly basis to provide support to Chaplain Aide and make sure Scout is able to complete their elected position responsibilities.