- Support the Scoutmaster’s Vision for advancement and stimulate advancement program.
- Work with the troop scribe to maintain all Scout advancement records.
- Arrange quarterly troop boards of review and courts of honor.
- Develop and maintain a merit badge counselor list.
- Reports unit advancement to the local council.
- Make a prompt report on the correct form to the council service center when a troop board of review is held. Secure badges and certificates.
- Work with the troop librarian to build and maintain a troop library of merit badge pamphlets and other advancement literature.
- Report to the troop committee at each meeting.
Troop 1537 Responsibilities
- Assist in scheduling Scoutmaster conferences and Board of Reviews
- Update the troop website and Council site for rank advancement and merit badges
- Purchase patches and present them to the scouts at court of honors
- Ensures that the unit has at least monthly boards of review
- Ensures that the unit has at least bi-annual courts of honor
- Ensures that the unit has goals of helping each Scout advance a rank each year and for new Scouts to reach First Class rank during their first year
- Is also responsible for record keeping and submitting advancement reports