Leadership Position Description
Type: Appointed by the Senior Patrol Leader
Term: 6 months
Reports to: Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Description: The Scribe keeps the troop records. He records the activities of the Patrol Leaders’ Council and keeps a record of dues, advancement, and Scout attendance at troop meetings.
Comments: To be a good Scribe you need to attend nearly all troop and Patrol Leaders’ Council meetings.
Attendance: 50% over the previous six months
Training: You must attend the troop Junior Leader Training even if you have attended in the past.
Attendance: You are expected to attend 60% of all troop meetings, Patrol Leaders’ Council meetings, outings, and service projects. If your attendance is low, or if you have three (3) unexcused absences in a row, you can be removed from office.
Effort: You are expected to given this job your best effort.
GENERAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
Uniform: Set the example by wearing your uniform correctly. This means that you will wear all of the parts of the troop uniform, shirttail tucked in, with all required badges in their correct locations.
Behavior: Set the example by living the Scout Oath and Law in your everyday life. Show Scout Spirit in everything you say and do.
Attendance: Set the example by being an active Scout. Be on-time for meetings and activities. You must call the Senior Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster if you are not going to be at a meeting or if you suddenly have to miss an outing. You also need to make sure that someone will assume your responsibilities.
- Attends and keeps a log of Patrol Leaders’ Council meetings
- Records individual Scout attendance and dues payments
- Records individual Scout advancement progress
- Works with the Troop Committee Secretary for records and finance
- Record and providing New Patrol Information to Scoutmaster, Webmaster and PLC Coordinator
SPECIFIC LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENTS/DUTIES:
- Record and publish Troop PLC meeting minutes.
- Works with Patrol Scribes to make sure they are fulfilling their leadership responsibilities
- Send a follow up email to the Troop about each Troop Meeting.
- Publish meeting plan on a weekly basis and update Troop calendar events.
- Troop Scribe to meet with Secretary on a monthly basis to answer questions and make sure Scout is able to complete their elected position responsibilities. Troop Scribe can also setup a meeting with Scoutmaster for help and support.
- Troop Scribe to complete Troop 1537 Scout Leadership Position Summary.