Troop Committee Chair
BSA Defined Responsibilities
- Appointed by chartered organization
- Key 3 member
- Appoints the troop committee
- Work with the committee to see that all functions are delegated, coordinated, and completed.
- Maintain a close relationship with the chartered organization representative and the Scoutmaster.
- Interpret national and local policies to the troop.
- Prepare troop committee meeting agendas.
- Call, preside over, and promote attendance at monthly troop committee meetings and any special meetings that may be called.
- Ensure troop representation at monthly roundtables.
- Secure top-notch, trained individuals for camp leadership.
- Arrange for charter review and recharter annually.
- Plan the charter presentation.
- Review bank statements.
Troop 1537 Defined Responsibilities
- Committee Chairperson to meet with Troop Historian on a monthly basis to provide support to Troop Historian and make sure Scout is able to complete their elected position responsibilities.